If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?

Have you played this game before? If you could choose one superpower what would it be? Would you predict the future (awkward!) or fly without a plane? Would you move faster than light or would you be able to stretch to meet every requirement?

© Can Stock Photo / yarruta

I would learn.  If I could choose a superpower, I would choose learning. Learning drives everything.

Test it out.  Can you be learning and be unmotivated? If you are learning, curiosity has kicked in and curiosity is the best form of motivation. Curiosity keeps you trying one more solution to that problem or turning one more page or walking to the next turn in the road. And don't even try to be depressed while you are learning. You can't be focused on the next page, the next answer, the next turn and be stuck.

Can you be learning and not be creative? I don't think so. Learning thrives on novelty and connection and those are the two ingredients of innovation. When you are learning, you're willing to consider new possibilities - or to make them.

Can you be learning and not be connected to great people? Probably not for long. Learning drives you to connect so that you get more understanding or get faster or get a better answer.  It's learning that asks: "Why them and not me?" and then works to find an answer that will let it be me next time.

It's true. I love learning. I've always loved learning. But it's also true that learning is the superpower that I believe would change my life in the best ways. I can't imagine being a super-learner and not living every moment fully engaged and optimistic.

So I choose learning.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Yes" sets for building agreement and manipulation

The hypnotic contract

The fine line between observations, suggestions and commands