Simple joys are sensible solutions


What do you do when you are tired and overwhelmed and your to-do list is so long that you can't face writing it all down?

Sometimes I go for a walk. I trust experience (and quite a lot of science) that suggests that I will get more done if I recharge first. And then I walk away from the computer and find some trees. If I can find some water too, that's even better.

I still hear the voices in my head that tell me I don't have time and I should work harder. I don't really fight them - it's like fighting construction noise. I just let them make sounds in the background until I stop noticing them. 

I walk until I feel my muscles loosen and my thoughts unwind and I realize that my number one priority is not the top thing on my list: my number one priority is to remember to live each day as well as I can. 

The voices in my head will kick up a fuss when I get back from my walk. But I'll be ready to calm them then.

Happy Thanksgiving!

p.s. I couldn't resist the alliteration in the title. Please remember it's okay to have fun while you work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Yes" sets for building agreement and manipulation

The hypnotic contract

The fine line between observations, suggestions and commands