Another Sleepless night

Insomnia is a funny thing... I used to work with a lot of different clients of the years who would say they just can't get to sleep tonight.

I have to say that rarely happens to me in such a way that I would consider myself an insomniac. However I used to wonder and get quite excited about the sense of possibility I would experience if I couldn't sleep then I could really use that time to be more productive in other areas of my life. I would use that re-frame on my clients and as simple as that sounds it would often work. When faced with the idea of having to work all night, most of my clients would rather just sleep.

So here I sit writing to our blog. I rarely have time to write to it, more often you would find Linda on here championing our last quest, stirring you with thoughtful ways to think and live and be happy. And I sit here cause I can't sleep.

You see I am in the middle of working with a client who is so "productive" that they actually have embraced the idea of not sleeping. A funny thing happened to me when working with them. In this situation, as many I suspect, the idea of not sleeping to be productive in reality is actually quite crazy. It's crazy because if you don't stop and rest and slow down, you end actually becoming how they say in a nut shell, burned out.

When this happens, as you know, productivity drops dramatically.

So as I write this....... I feel as though....................... I have been able.................. to say ......................... something.................. useful........................... enough...................... I have become............... very ........... very ............. sleepy...........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Yes" sets for building agreement and manipulation

The hypnotic contract

The fine line between observations, suggestions and commands